Jewish Population Percentage
This represents a rough charting of the Jewish percentage of Johns Hopkins undergraduates. This should not be considered definitive, as there are approximately 12 data points. Yet these data points seem exemplary and can be used to give an idea of the statistical basis.
chart created using data from:
- JHU Archives RG 13.030 box 3 Office of the Chaplain series 2 Johns Hopkins Y News 1934
- Hullabaloo, ed., Hammond et. al. (Baltimore, 1914): 40, 42.
- News-Letter 15:5 (Nov., 1912): 4.
- ibid., 28:8 (Oct., 1923).
- Jason Kalman, "Dark Places Around the Unversity: The Johns Hopkins University Admissions Quota and the Jewish Community, 1945-1951," in Hebrew Union College Annual 81 (2010):233-79.
- Interview with Gail Kaden, July, 7, 2017.
- Interview with Heinan Landa, July, 25, 2017.
- The Hillel Guide to Jewish Life on Campus, ed., Ruth Fredman Cernea and Jeff Rubin, 14th Ed. (New York: Random House, 1999):110.
- "FAQs" Hopkins Hillel, http://hopkinshillel.org/about-us/faqs/