Alumni Memorial Dormitory
This hand-tinted image, taken from a lantern slide, shows the original Johns Hopkins dormitory shortly after completion. Originally named the Alumni Memorial Dormitory, it honors Hopkins affiliates who sacrificed their lives in the Great War. When the second set of dormitories were completed in 1953, the comprehensive name was changed to Alumni Memorial Residences.
Is Part Of
University Archives Photograph Collection (item 00895)
Ferdinand Hamburger University Archives, Johns Hopkins University